Sunday 15 May 2011

She Always Wanted To Be A Good Aunt

Hello our family, friends and loved ones. As Nixie's Aunty B, I can attest to the fact that she always wanted to be a good aunt. She would call her Nanny up and say she's coming to the country for a break to get away from the city for a day. Sure enough, when she got there, she always had a niece or two in tow.

She always called me wherever I was in the world from Nanny's house on her visits. I would say to her "I thought you were taking a break today" and her response would always be "They wanted to come and looked sad that I was leaving so I couldn't not bring them. They're my nieces and I want to be there for them and be a good aunty". Well, my sweet Nixie, here is the living proof that you were that and so much more. Your first niece, Diavione, wrote this tribute for you on the day she was to say her last farewell to you. In her grief, she forgot it at home and didn't get to read it to you in church on that saddest day of days in her life. With her permission, I have included her favourite photo of both of you and her heartfelt words:

Every knows our beautiful Nixie, but no one knows her as much as her family and very close friends.

Nixie was our hero. She cared for people older than her, same age or even younger it doesn’t matter who you are she cared for you. 

Even if you had no home or if you had no clothes she would give you the clothes that she was wearing because that’s just who she was. She was an amazing mom sister, aunt, daughter, granddaughter and much more.

She would go down the wrong path but she found herself again we all wish she was here but know she is in a much better place and we know she will be in God’s hands where she will rest and where there is no more pain and she won't have to struggle ever again.
It is a beautiful tribute, Diavione and I'm sure your Aunty Nixie is smiling down on you from heaven, shining her love upon you and watching over you on your eleventh birthday and always, as proud of you as we are.

Love You,
Aunty B

No comments:

Post a Comment